We have put together this list to help you improve your site traffic. To help you keep track of your website's traffic, we
highly recommend a stats4all counter, it can be hidden, or visible, depending on how you edit the code. It gives you a
detailed report of every page the counter is placed on. If you have something like a portfolio site, it will be harder to
attract traffic, as all there is there is your work.
1. A great way to promote your website is to join a couple of titlists, this way, when people go to the topsite,
they will see your site listed there, and possibly click on it. A good topsite to join is
2. This tip, isn't really a tip, but rather something you must do when building a website. You should always enter
meta-tags in the html code of your web-pages, If you don't there is no chance of your website getting noticed on search
engines. If you don't know what meta-tags are, visit the meta tag generator.
3. Some interaction on your website could help to bring some bring visitors frequent visitors, as there will be a
reason to come back. A forum or chat room is a great way to add this, there are several free boards, which can be
downloaded at places like hotscripts.
4. Having a substantial amount of content is important, so you can keep a stream of visitors. Before releasing your
website I recommend uploading a substantial amount of content, so people will be able to look around your site, not just at
a pretty layout.
5. The next tip was told to me by maijingohan; this was: If you have allot of content waiting to be uploaded, you
should upload it in steady proportions, as if you upload it all at once you will have a hit boom, then once everyone has
seen the content they will move on. Release your content bit by bit, but not too slowly either. This is called "Good
6. If you are on a free host I recommend downloading a pop-up killer for your pages so people won't be flashed
annoying adverts; thus making their visit to your website more pleasant for the user.
7. Setting up link-exchanges with your affiliated websites, is good for traffic as they put your banner on their
site, an you put their banner on your site. This way you can exchange traffic. This should bring you good hits.
8. Don't go stealing or ripping your content, be 100% original, this tells people you work hard and they will get the
chance to read something different instead of the same thing 50 times over.